Touring East Africa has been made easier by the introduction of the East African Tourist Visa.
This single Visa allows access to Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. Once you have it you can go in and out the three countries as many times as you wish during the visa’s period of validity.
It is also cheaper to use East African Visas rather than pursuing individual visas for the above-mentioned counties.
If you are thinking of traveling to Kenya, be encouraged to to Kayak the Nile in Uganda and don’t hold back from visiting the Gorilla Mountains or seeing golden monkeys in Rwanda without any extra charges.
Visas issued for specific countries can only be used for that particular country
As a new visa, we know it can be a bit confusing for you, and that is why we have gathered a few information to ensure it is easier for you.
Things you need to apply East African Tourist Visa
- A travel document with at least 6 months Validity
- $ 100 USD fee
- 1 clear colored standard size passport photo
- A latter of Visa application
NOTE: All persons must apply in their own right
How to apply.
Its advisable that when applying for the East African Visa you apply with the country you will commence your travel.
Uganda Online Visa
For those beginning their trip in Uganda visit visas.immigration.go.ug for more information.
Kenya Online Visa
For those beginning their trip in Kenya. Find information on the visa application process on the consular section of your local Kenya embassy’s website www.ecitizen.go.ke
Rwanda Online Visa
For those beginning their travel in Rwanda www.migration.gov.rw will be the website to visit. Under “Type of Visa” select “East Africa Tourist Visa.” For more information contact your local Rwanda embassy.
Things you need to NOTE.
- It is valid for 90 days only.
- It is not renewable
- One is not permitted to work with this Visa.
- Residents living in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda do not need to apply for visa.
- Residents now need only a valid resident permit to explore the diverse cultures, landscapes, wildlife, activities and experiences available in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.
- Visas issued for specific countries can only be used for that particular country.
- If you do not get a response from the immigration department within the stated allotted time do contact us for assistance.
- In addition, please make sure you print off your visa, once received so that it can be handed immigration
More information: More information can be found on www.visiteastafrica.org
Most noteworthy, Citizens of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda (in that order) however, can now move easily in the three countries using only a National ID or Student ID.
As a result, residents living within the three countries can now use a valid resident permit to explore the amazing diversity that exists in the region.